Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cake

My kiddos all love cake, so I found a pumpkin cake recipe from the Pumpkin Patch Treasury.  If you are interested in a cookbook, they are still available at First Mennonite Church in Hillsboro....they are now only $10 and it contains about 200 recipes and other facts about pumpkins. 

Ingredients:

Mix 2 cups flour



2 teaspoons baking powder


2 teaspoons baking soda


2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

Mix together

2 cups sugar


4 eggs
Cooper has perfected the one-hand crack!!!  I actually wasn't quite ready for him to crack it.....I usually have him do it in a seperate bowl just in case.....but he did great and no egg shells went in!

1 1/4 cups oil

3 1/2 cups pumpkin (I just used 1 can and it turned out fine)

Stir

Bake
You could do a 9x13, I just used my round ones.....just because.

Frost with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!





I think this recipe was the favorite so far!!!


 
Pumpkin Cake
Mix together the following:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Add the following and mix:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups oil
3 1/2 cups pumpkin (we used 1 can)
3 handfuls of raisins (we did not do)
3/4 cups nuts (we did not do)

Bake in moderate oven 45-50 minutes (we did 350 degrees)

Icing:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment