Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kids say the darndest things.....

The conversations that go on at my house are hilarious, mind-boggling, and a lot of times just leave me stunned (some I will not share).......I often wonder where they come up with this stuff.......you never know what they are going to say next.  I thought I would share with you some of the things they have said......I don't always write them down, but have been trying lately to write them on note cards or in a notebook so that way I don't forget them. 

Child: "Ms. Tracy, I am bigger than you."
Me: "You are?"
Child: "Yes, that is why I can go further than you!"
Me: "Oh really? Ok.  What does that mean?"
Child: long pause......"I can just go further than you, that's all!"

This morning, we were getting ready to go to the library and one of the little girls said to me, "I have to get pretty if I am going with you!"

Child to another child: "You can't play with me cause you were naughty."

Child: "I am going to be Ms. Tracy and we are going to load up in the van......everybody get in their seats and buckle up!"

Child: "My mommy doesn't have a baby and my daddy doesn't have a baby ANYMORE!"
(This one concerned me a little!)

Child: "My grandma has a baby cause she has a big belly!"

Child to me: "You're the boss, Ms. Tracy
Another child: "I'm not the boss"
Another child: "Yeah, me either cause I'm free (3) years old!"

Child: "Right now I'm this many (holds up 3 fingers), but then I'll be this many (holds up 5 fingers) and then I'll be really big like Ms. Tracy."

Child: "I'm a princess."
Me: "What do princesses do?"
Child: "They dance around."
Me: "Am I a princess?"
Child: "No, cause you don't have pretty stuff on."
Me: "Like what?"
Child: "Pretty ballerina earrings."
Me: "Well, I have these (showing her my earrings).....aren't they pretty?"
Child: "No, they aren't pretty ballerina slippers.  You have to have pretty ballerina earrings to be a princess."

One time I got a generic brand of Ranch (gasp).....which apparently is pretty nasty....at least the one that I got!  So, now whenever we have sandwiches or carrots or something that needs ranch.....the kids always ask if it's the good kind.....cause if it's not, then they don't want any!

Child: "How about you sleep with us." (they were laying down for nap time and I was going around covering them up)
Me: "Where would I sleep?"
Child: "Sleep on the couch......plleeeeease!!"
Me: "I have lots of work to get done while you sleep."
Child: "Plleeeeeeeeeeassssse!"

Me: "Why do you have a cup on your hand?"
Child: "It's my hook, like captain hook."

We often talk about God watching us and how he can see everything that we are doing.  This particular day, we were in Circle Time talking about God and what he created......some of the children were messing around.
Me: "God is watching you.....make good choices."
Child: "Where is he? I don't see him."
Me: "Well, you can't see God, but he sees you."
Child: "He can see EVERYTHING we are doing?" (acted a little scared at this point!)
Me: "Yes he can."
Child to all the kids: "You better be good then cause God is watching YOU!"

Child: "Can we go to buy some pumpkins again today?"
Me: "No.....not today, we were just there yesterday."
Child: "But, I want to go again."
Me: "Why?"
Child: "So we can buy 2 pumpkins this time.....last time we only got 1!"

This question is asked daily during lunch.
Child: "Ms. Tracy, can we stay up for a little while?"
Me: "Yes."
Child: "Oh goody!"
The question is always the same and so is the answer......we eat lunch early enough that we have time to play a bit before it's nap time, but the question still gets asked......almost everyday!

Child: "That spider is freakin me out!"


Now.....the best quote of all!
Child: "I LOOVE coming to your house!"


This picture cracks me up......they are being very creative with what they have......love it when they use their imagination to use a certain object or thing in another way......here they are using a skirt as a cape and pretending like they are doing hair.


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment