Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 2

Today was technically Day 2 (eventhough it's December 1).  We made hot chocolate for the trash men.  I went to Ampride and got some cups with lids.....I really didn't want them to spill it and figured it would be a lot easier for the kids to carry out to them as well. 

The kids helping with the hot chocolate (or more like eating the marshmallows)



Ready to take to them.....we were ready at 11:00, but they didn't come til 11:40.....thankfully it stayed hot.  

G was here from school and got to help deliver it to the trash men.  I was trying not to be weird with my camera, but I really wanted a picture!

Doesn't matter the weather conditions, the trash men are always out there getting our trash!
I asked the children how they felt after giving the hot chocolate to them and they all said it made them feel good.....one of the kids asked me, "Do you think they are the luckiest trash men in the world?"  I told him...."I think so!!!" 


And here is our craft that we did for today.....I almost forgot!
We made tamborines, I'm sure you have all done these before.  Take 2 paper plates and decorate them.....we used crayons and stickers.
 A was helping B with the stickers.....so sweet!




Maddox even got to join us for this project.....he was doing fine until he decided to taste the crayon.....at least he spit it out (apparently he didn't like the flavor!).

When they are all done decorating their plates, have them turn them over and put some dried beans or macaroni inside (whatever you have on hand), staple around the outside and add streamers if you wish.

Then shake!!!
Can you tell they were having fun?!?!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment