Friday, December 16, 2011

Popsicle Stick Trees

The school kids ask me sometimes if they can make a craft or do some of the things we do in the morning, so today we did a craft after school and included them.  Since we have been so busy with giving to others, I wanted the children to make something for themselves.  So, I put together these simple little Christmas trees out of popsicle sticks.  I painted them ahead of time so they were ready to go and they would be able to take them home at the end of the day, but the children could very easily paint them themselves.  Once dry, I used a hot glue gun to assemble them.....a little more sturdy that way....and added a trunk.


Then we got to decorating.....I just gave them what I had on hand and they got to work......we used beads and sequins.







I think they turned out pretty cute and can be done with all ages.

These two girlies weren't here after school, so they made theirs this morning.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment