Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 25

Day 25 was very random.....I had other plans for the day, but that changed when I decided to bake Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls.  My family requested cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, so I started baking......the recipe makes about 7 or 8 pans (you could very easily cut this recipe in half).  I knew our family of 5 was not going to eat that many pans of cinnamon rolls and I know I could have frozen some or cut the recipe in half, but figured why not give them away.  So, that's what we did......neighbors, family and friends received our 25th random act of kindness!  Sorry, I didn't even take one picture of the baking or the giving of this act......it was a busy time I guess. 
If you are interested in making these AWESOME cinnamon rolls.....here is the recipe and a step-by-step guide on how to make them.....you will not be disappointed.

***********************************************************************************************

Oh, and before I forget (which I almost did).....here is the gift the children made for their parents.  Salt dough handprints......these are very easy and you can do some much with salt dough.....handprints, footprints, ornaments, gift tags, etc.

4 cups flour
1 cups salt
1 1/2 cups water
Combine ingredients and knead dough.  Roll dough out and cut a circle (I used a bowl to get the size and shape and then used my pastry cutter with the fluted edge from Pampered Chef to give it a finished look).


Press their hand in the dough pretty good, so you get a good print. 

Make sure you make a hole at the top or prick before baking to prevent air bubbles.....I added their initial and the date as well.  Bake at 300ºF for 20-25 minutes.....you may have to bake longer depending on how thick your dough is.  Once cool, you can leave as is or paint.  We chose silver and gold paint for ours.





D painted hers twice.....she first painted it white and then decided on gold!


I added ribbon, a handprint poem on the back and then we wrapped them up.
The kids were very excited about these......I forgot to ask if any of them spilled the beans before Christmas.  Such a great keepsake for parents or grandparents.


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment