Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 12 & 13

Sunday was kind of a crazy day......I made a TON of sugar cookies for church....the children frosted and decorated them to sell to raise money to buy rabbits for families in Africa.  Then I went to a baby shower for this wonderful family......instead of gifts they asked that you donate the money you would spend on a gift to this family.....how awesome is that!!  The Farley's are trying to adopt a little boy and their expenses are very high.  Then I made popcorn (well, I helped my dad make the popcorn.....instead of showing me, he said he would just do it and I could help!) for our church.....we watched Charlie Brown's Christmas outside (yes outside....it was freezing and windy), sang Christmas carols, played a game and ate some yummy food!  So a very crazy, but fun day!  So, let's see would any of those count for our act of kindness.....let's just call it good cause I felt like I donated a lot of my time, energy, and money today....what do you think???

Monday was sooo fun......I took the 4 kiddos I had shopping!  I know what you're thinking.....I'm crazy, I know, but actually they were AWESOME!!!  They were very well behaved in both stores and the bank.....no meltdowns, no running around.....everyone stayed close and listened.....better write that one in the book!  Anyway, on to our morning.  We went shopping for a 2 1/2 year old girl from the Giving Tree at Hillsboro State Bank......in case you are not familiar with the giving tree it is designed to assist financially limited households in providing Christmas gifts for children 17 years of age and younger who live in the Hillsboro School District.  This is something my family does every year and I thought it would be fun to do with these children as well.  We first hit Dollar General.....this little girl wanted anything Dora.....well, sad to say that Hillsboro was lacking in the Dora department.  But, we did get her some Dora books, coloring books, bracelets and a blanket.  Then the children wanted to get her a baby doll and we also found her some clothes.  I am sure she will love them!  This is one of my favorite things to do.....just knowing that you will make some child's Christmas a little brighter warms my heart and it shows my children the importance of giving to others and understanding that some people are less fortunate than others.



Check these cuties out!  They saw them and we just had to try them on!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment