Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 11

Sorry I have been a little MIA lately.....busy busy with Christmas stuff going on.....and lots of random acts of kindness as well.....and today I have a sick little boy at home (well, he was sick last night and feeling much better today).

I planned a little get-together with a few of Reese's friends on Friday.....my plan was to decorate cookies and make some ornaments to take to Parkside.  So after school we got to work on decorating cookies......these girls were giggling and having a good time.....the things 2nd graders say and do is hilarious.....seriously was I like that in 2nd grade??  They of course were "starving" from a hard day of learning so they decorated their own cookies first and ate them and then got to work on the cookies for the residents......they did a great job of decorating!  They used lots of sprinkles.....and ate lots of sprinkles as well!!!








Then after a little break, they made some ornaments for the residents' tree or to decorate the outside of their door  The stars are super easy and most of you probably have everything around your house.  I took cereal boxes, cut out stars and then randomly put hot glue all over.  After the hot glue has dried, cover with aluminum foil.  Then use permanent markers to color it in.....when done they should resemble stained glass. 


Then we made these wreaths....last year we made them for Reese's 1st grade Christmas party.....I still had a ton of felt left, so we used what we had.  Just use string and a heavy duty needle and start stringing the felt (I cut into 1 inch square pieces).  When done, tie the 2 ends together and add some ribbon.


After all the ornament making, pizza eating, and cooking decorating, we went to Parkside to deliver.  The residents were so excited to see the girls and see what they made for them.....we even got to see the placemats that the little kids made.....they were using them and they looked great! 










The nurses said they were going to have root beer floats after dinner, so they could have some cookies to go with them......what a special treat for them.

I hope the girls had a good time.....I know I did and it was fun to visit the home again and see the residents.....definitely made me miss my grandparents and think how happy they would have been to have these girls visit them and bring them some Christmas goodies.



NOTE: Parents I won't be posting what we made for art today......it's a SURPRISE!!!!  You will have to wait until Christmas!  If anyone else would like to know what we made, you can check back after Christmas or you can email me and I will let you know (it's very cute, so you may want to do it with your kids to give to grandparents for Christmas)!
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Love that you took all the girls to Parkside...looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete