Wednesday, November 30, 2011

25 Days of Christmas!

For the past month or so, I have been trying to decide what to do for the month of December with ALL of my kiddos......I've been going over several different Advent Calendars (there are some great ones out there), but nothing seemed quite right (for what I was wanting to do).  Well, then I remembered back to a post that Kimberlee wrote with a link here.  Robyn spent her 38th birthday doing 38 random acts of kindness for people.....how great is that!!!  I was inspired to do 25 random (or not so random) acts of kindness for the 25 days of Christmas and I wanted to do them with my kiddos (all 10 of them!)  I am so excited.....some are very simple things and some will take some planning.  We have a pretty good list of 25, but I would definitely take some more ideas if you got 'em.....may do more than 1 a day. 

This first one we did early, since it needed to be in the mail before the 1st.  We made cards for our soldiers that are away from their families for Christmas.  The children were very excited about this.

I just let them pick construction paper to make a simple card and we found some Christmas clip art to print, cut out, and glue onto our cards.  Then the children colored them and drew pictures on the inside.  Then I helped them write their name and a little message as well.  I was told that if we gave them our address or email, they would respond back to us.....I think the kids will get a kick out of that.  Can't wait to see if we hear back from the soldiers.  I wrote a letter as well thanking them for their service and dedication to our country.  I also explained who we were and why we were sending them cards.  Such a simple thing to do, but yet it probably means a lot to them knowing that people care enough about what they are doing to send them a special card or letter for Christmas.....or any time for that matter. 
 
I explained to the children that these men and women don't get to be with their families for Christmas and asked how that made them feel......they all thought it would be really sad if they didn't get to spend Christmas with their families. :(







 1 down, 24 more to go......I will try and post what we are doing as we go along.  Saturdays and Sundays acts of kindness will be done with my 3 children.


I saw this quote and wanted to share.....so true!

Never get
tired of doing
little things
for others
sometimes
those little
things occupy
the biggest part
of their hearts!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment