Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Plunger Painting

We don't have a theme for this week......I am trying to play catch-up from last week.  With our party and everything else going on, we didn't have much time to work on our letters and name writing and stuff like that.  So, today we focused the majority of our time on busy work......writing in our journals, practicing our name, identifying letters, shapes and colors, and some math. 

Our art today was outside......our days outside are going to be limited, so we took advantage of our play-time and did some art too.  I taped a large piece of butcher paper to the driveway (we did it in the garage since it was pretty windy and then I could close it and let it dry) and let the kids paint with the plunger (a new plunger is advised.....or sanitize one!)  Just dip the plunger in paint and let them go at it.  I will warn you, the paint does splatter a bit (it kind of depends how much paint you use), so either take off shoes or cover their shoes if you are worried about paint splatters.  This would be a great project to do in the summer, wearing swim suits.....I think the kids would really go to town with the plungers.  I had 2 that were going to school, so we were a little more cautious with the paint since we had jeans and shoes on.








I don't know that we will do anything with the paper.  I just plan on cutting big squares, so each child has something to take home.  This is called process art......there is no end product, it's just the process of doing!

While we were painting, these 2 cuties were laying in the grass......so I snapped a picture.  Then all the kids wanted to do it too.....so here is my crew!!! 

It was a bit bright out this morning!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment