Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

I love to have special days with my kiddos, and today was no different.  We had a thanksgiving feast for lunch today.....our menu consisted of turkey (my wonderful hubby smoked the turkey for us and it was DELICIOUS), potatoes, corn, pineapple, rolls, and pumpkin pie!  The kids helped make the pie......our last pumpkin recipe.....at least for awhile!  This is my grandma's recipe and is the best pumpkin pie I have ever had!!!  It's these holidays that I miss her so much and miss those times in the kitchen helping her get ready for all the family to come home and gather together.  :(  I am just really thankful for the time I got to spend with her and that she was around long enough to know all 3 of my children. 

Anyway, the kids were so excited today.....they kept asking when the pie was going to be ready and how soon lunch was and then over and over until the pie was done and then is it lunch time yet, what are you making, can we help????  I love it that I can be in the kitchen and they can play or watch or help, depending on the child or their mood.  I love these kiddos so much and am so thankful that they are apart of my family's life and that I am apart of their life......they make life interesting and make it worth getting up each day to take care of them while their parents work.  I am also so thankful for their parents that they trust me to take care of their precious children each day.....thank you!!!

Ok, now on to our day!

We started out with them helping me make the pie.....I made the crust and they helped with the rest.


3/4 cup sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
(Yes, Reese is still in her jammies!)

1 can pumpkin (my grandma ALWAYS used Libby's)

  1 can 12 oz. evaporated milk
(So is Cooper)


Mix well. Put in pie shell and bake at 425 for 10 minutes.  Reduce to 350 and bake till knife comes out clean (45-50 minutes)

Let cool and serve with cool whip!

Our Feast!


 The Crew.....minus 1.....B was sick today :(

Maddox trying to use a fork, but usually puts it in one hand and uses the other hand to shovel it in! 

 I thought maybe the kids would wait and have their pie for snack, but they insisted on having it now.....how could I say no, they had waited sooo long!


I think D just ate the cool whip!
Did you see the placemats we made the other day??
Maddox really enjoyed the pumpkin pie as well!!!

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I get a 4-day weekend....hopefully going to get lots of Christmas shopping done.....yes I am one of those crazy shoppers that goes on Black Friday.....it's a tradition and look forward to spending the day with my mom shopping!



Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment