Thursday, November 24, 2011

Handprint Turkey

I love to do handprint turkeys for Thanksgiving......it's fun to look back each year at my child's growth and the changes in their hand.  We did these a little different.....typically I paint the child's hand......the palm brown and then paint their fingers different colors for the feathers.

Materials you will need:
Orange paint (or red and yellow like we did)
Pumpkin pie spice
Butcher paper
Construction paper (any color, we did orange)
White paper
Markers

We started off by squeezing red and yellow paint onto the butcher paper.  Then I told the children to finger paint.....mix the colors to see what color they make (they of course already knew it was orange).  Then I sprinkled pumpkin pie spice on the paint for them to mix in as well. 




When they were all done (some painted longer than others) I had them press their painted hand on a piece of paper.  When dry, cut around their handprint, attach to construction paper, and have the children use markers to put the eye, beak and gobbler on their turkey.  Then you can attach a poem to the bottom......here are a couple I have used before.

This isn't just a turkey as you can plainly see.

I made it with my hand which is a part of me.

It comes with lots of love especially to say,

I hope you have a very, Happy Thanksgiving Day!



You might think this is a turkey

running over all the land,

but really it’s just paint

that was stuck on my hand!



I think they turned out pretty cute and they smell really good too!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Tracy

1 comment: