Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spin Art Turkeys

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so the next few weeks we will be making some fun Thanksgiving crafts.  Today we made turkeys using our salad spinner (similar to when we used it here).  I was planning on using toilet paper rolls for the body of the turkey, but then remembered I had a bunch of these wooden spoon things that were given to me.  So we used those instead......if anyone would like some, just holler.....I've got tons!  I am thinking about using them for an angel craft at Christmas time!


Then just have the children paint them brown.  (My battery died on my camera, so I didn't get pictures of all the steps of this project like I would have liked to).  When they are dry, add wiggly eyes, a beak and a gobbler.

While those are drying, it's time to do the spin art.  I just cut circles out of white construction paper this time instead of using a plate.....either one will work.  You can use any color you want.....we did red, yellow, orange and gold.....most of the kids wanted their turkeys to be shiny!














When they are all dry, fold the circle in half and attach the body of the turkey to the circle.  If you use a toilet paper tube, just cut a slit on each side and slide the half circle into the slits.  I think they turned out very cute and each one is different!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment