Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Footprint Turkeys

I found this idea here and revamped it a little bit.  For one thing, I could only find 1 piece of brown paper (I thought I had more), so thankfully I was low on children today so we could use that for our foot prints.  And then instead of the plastic wrap, we used clear contact paper.....much simpler.

Things you will need:
Brown tempera paint
Brown construction paper
Tissue paper (whatever colors you choose)
Contact paper
Materials for eyes, beak and gobbler

To make the body of the turkey, paint each child's foot brown and have them step on brown construction paper.  When that dries, cut around the outside of the print and decorate with wiggly eyes, a beak and a gobbler.







To make the feathers, cut out strips of tissue paper (if you have a lot of time, you could cut them out in the shape of a feather) and stick them on the contact paper.  I let the kids pick the colors.....they have been wanting to use blue and purple for the past few projects, so today I let them.  When they are done, cover with another piece of contact paper and cut around it to look like feathers.  You can leave as is or you can cut an outline of the feathers in construction paper to put around the edge.....I didn't have enough brown so we used yellow and red.



E was blowing threw the contact paper roll to make noises!!!


Glue the footprint on the feathers and hang in the window for a turkey suncatcher.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment