Friday, September 23, 2011

A is for Apple Jacks

Each time we do a new letter we will be talking about words that start with that letter, the sounds it makes, and how to write the letter.  I don't like to use a lot of worksheets......depending on the center I have worked at depends on the curriculum I have had to use in the past.  Now that I am home and get to choose what I do with the children I am choosing the "play" method......more hands on learning......our letters below will be the extent of our "worksheets" that we will be doing.  I feel like children do a lot of worksheets in school, why not let them be kids as long as possible.  Let them learn their letters by writing them with their finger in shaving cream, sand, playdough, flour, etc.  WAY MORE FUN!!!  Don't you agree??  Not saying children can't learn from worksheets, they totally can, this is just my preference for learning.  So, off my little soap box.....I could go on and on about this subject and reasons for it all, but I will spare you for today!!!



With the letter A, we used Apple Jacks to cover our big A.




 

Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment