Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apples

We are discussing apples for the next 2 weeks.  Yesterday, we learned what letter apples start with (A), what colors apples can be....did you know there are more than just red, yellow and green apples and we are learning the different names that apples have.....there are lots of different apples out there. 
So, of course we will be making apple art to go along with everything else we are doing. 

First, you will need some plastic lids.....we used yogurt container lids cause that's what I had alot of.....I really wanted to use clear lids, but didn't have any....maybe next year! 
Then cut up crepe paper or tissue paper in whatever colors you want to make your apples.....we did red and green.  I used crepe paper this time cause it was a lot easier to cut into squares and I had some left from our rainbows. 


Take glue and water it down just a bit and give each child a paint brush to brush the glue on the lid and then on top of the tissue paper. 




I think E thought it was gross!!!

When everyone was done, we went outside to collect leaves for the tops of the apples.




I then poked a hole in the top of their lid and put the leaves through.


Very easy to make.....I had a broad range of kids from a 2 year old to a 5 year old that made these and they all turned out very cute!!!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment