Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Circle Time

What is Circle Time??
It can be anything you want it to be.....for us, it is how we start our day.  We all come together....in a circle.....I bought an umbrella table cloth on clearance to use for our circle....it works great!  It also works great for messy projects cause it wipes clean. 

Anyway, we come together and we talk about our day.....what is the plan, who are my helpers, talk about the weather, discuss the calendar, sing songs, work on shapes, colors, and letter recognition, read a story, and anything else that comes up during that time. 

I try not to limit circle time....sometimes the children have stories they want to tell me or something neat they did over the weekend or questions about something we are doing or anything that is on their mind.  I think children need that time to talk about things in a group setting.....it also helps some kids to overcome shyness. 

Here we had circle time outside in the tent.....shoes are optional!  I am thinking of adding some velcro on our circle.....then I could attach shapes, colors, animals, pictures, name tags and then tell them to find the "red heart" or whatever you choose and that is where they would sit for circle time.....just another way to work on shapes, colors, name recognition, etc.  The more they see something, the more it becomes familiar to them!




Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, I love seeing what all you do in a day! It's way more than just "watching" kids and I am sure these parents couldn't be happier to see this sneak peek into their childs day of learning! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete