Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Colored Waffles

These waffles were so easy to make.....just take your favorite waffle recipe and add some food coloring.  I divided it into 4 bowls and did red, blue, green and yellow.  I think next time I will use food coloring paste.....the colors are much brighter with the paste.



Then pour your batter into the waffle iron.....it's fun to try different designs and see how they turn out.



Don't they look yummy!  Yes, I have a heart waffle iron!  Aren't heart waffles so much better then round or square??  My hubby actually bought it for me when we were in college....isn't he so sweet....I think it was on sale and he was hoping I would make him waffles!








The kids really enjoyed them.....they had fun watching the waffle iron open and see what the colors looked like.  I want to do this with pancakes, but do each pancake a different color.  This would be fun to do for a child's birthday breakfast....maybe red, yellow and orange for fall.....red and blue for fourth of July.....endless possibilities.....food coloring is so fun!!!

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. I am so doing this for Dillyn's birthday next week! I LOVE Evan in this picture too. :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made Landen green pancakes on Sunday morning per his request...we used the Wilton cake gels. Oh.my.goodness they were bright green!!

    ReplyDelete