Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Fun!!!

I, along with some awesome helpers, took the kids to Papa's Pumpkin Patch near Goessel.  They had been looking forward to this and couldn't wait to go!
 
They are only open during the weekdays for field trips and you have to plan ahead to get in......they had one day left when I talked to them several weeks ago.  They plan the whole thing and we started out inside with an information talk......they talked to them about the patch and growing pumpkins and different pumpkins they grow. 



Then it was snack time.....pumpkin cake with chocolate chips and juice boxes!






I kept trying to get Ru to look at me so I could get a picture, but she was always too fast! 



Next on the agenda was a hay rack ride......this took us to the play equipment and the animals.


B really enjoyed his cake......can you tell??!!! 

 

I would love some of this in our backyard.....hint, hint!!!  They had a blast playing here and could have spent the entire morning just swinging and climbing.



























Then to the patch to pick a pumpkin.....they liked the green ones!




 
D wanted a BIG one! 

Ru decided on orange! 


A tiny one for L! 

Corn, corn and more corn!  They had corn everywhere! 


Cutting the corn off the cob.









Photo ops.....was hoping to get more of the kiddos in the faces, but they were pre-occupied....so much to do and see!






And finally the big slide......this was a favorite!  And I have to admit, it was pretty AWESOME!!!
















All the adults took a turn down the slide as well.....so much fun and boy were we all worn out!



I love this pumpkin by L.....I am still kicking myself for not buying it! 

 The Gang!


We were told to make a silly jack-o-lantern face!


Apparently I was the only one that got the memo! 


 Their pumpkins!
 
 
We had the BEST time at Papa's, they were so welcoming and friendly and it was just perfect for the kids.....they didn't have to share stuff with other kids and it was easy to keep track of everyone since their weren't other kids around.  Will definitely be going back!  Oh, and their pumpkins are super reasonable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment