Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Display

Remember last week when the children took coffee filters and dripped water colors on them??  Well, today we used those leaves to make a fall display.
 
We first had to find a tree branch......I should have had Ryan do this for me......it was quite comical!!
I then put it in one of my tall jars with some glass stones in the bottom. 



Then we just started glueing the leaves on the branch......wasn't sure how well it was going to work, was planning to use my hot glue gun but I left it in my Sunday School classroom and just realized when I went to get it.  So, we used Elmer's glue instead and it worked just fine.....and I didn't have to worry about any of the kids getting burned.








They just stuck them on all over the branch.......and then they put the leftover leaves in the jar!
 
This was such a fun project (the children love working together on projects) and it turned out beautiful (the colors are a little muted in this picture, but the leaves are a little more vibrant than it shows).  Great fall display!

No comments:

Post a Comment