Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bats, Spiderwebs, and Pumpkin....oh my!

Today, we celebrated Halloween a little bit.  Tomorrow we have library, so I wasn't sure how much we would be able to do.
 
We started off by making these cute little bats.
Take an egg carton and cut apart so each child has a section of 3 cups.  Then have them paint black.





When they are dry, add wiggly eyes and ribbon or string to hang up.  I let the children choose where their eyes go!

Pretty cute!!!


Along with celebrating Halloween, we always have to have some fun food.  I made everything ahead of time cause I wasn't sure if we would have time for it all.  These spider webs were super easy and the kids LOVED them!  Just take stick pretzels and lay them on wax paper to resemble a web. Then melt white chocolate, put in a ziploc baggie, snip the corner and drizzle on the pretzels like I did below.

The spider is a raisin with chocolate legs.

To stay with our pumpkin theme, I made a pumpkin dip, you can find the recipe here.  Definitely not a favorite of the kids......I think only 1 of them liked it......for me, it was ok, not something I could eat a lot of.  Now, I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with it cause it makes a pretty large batch......maybe I can add it to a cake mix and make some cupcakes??





I had a couple kiddos gone today, so I had a smaller group than normal.

1 comment:

  1. Why do Ev's eyes ALWAYS have to look so droopy in pics!

    ReplyDelete