Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know I did.....my hubby and kids took me out on Saturday evening to dinner and a little shopping and then Sunday was spent with both sides of our family!  Just a nice pleasant weekend with family.

Well, if you all were wondering what we made for our moms for Mother's Day.....here it is.  We made these simple picture holders.....I had several ideas for Mother's Day and let the kids decide what they wanted to make.  My kids made something similar to these last year at VBS, so they had a visual of what the project was going to look like. 

Here is what you will need:
Plaster of paris
Paper bowls
Wire to hold a picture
Stones, shells, buttons, jewels, or anything else you have lying around the house.
Cute picture of your child!

Mix up the plaster of paris according to the directions or just mix together the plaster and water until you feel it is the right consistancy.....that's what I did!  Pour into a paper bowl, smooth out and let the kids decorate.  Then twist the wire and stick it in. 








I took pictures of the kids and popped them in there.....I am not a photographer, so please don't critique my photography skills!!


I wanted L to make one too, but since she's a bit too little we did her handprint instead.

I think they turned out super cute and I hope all of the moms loved them.....I know I enjoyed receiving mine eventhough I already knew what it was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment