Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ladybug Rocks

We started this project last week, but I had an appointment so we finished them up this week.....several step process.  We first went on a search for some large, round smooth rocks......they made some excellent choices.


I then let each child pick what color ladybug they wanted and we started painting.....make sure you use craft paint so it sticks to the rocks.









After they are completely dry, I took a black sharpie to mark the head and a line down the center.  Then they painted the head black.







After all the paint dried, we added wiggly eyes and black beads for the spots......I used a glue gun so they would stick a little better.....the kids showed me where to put the glue so they could put the beads on.....if you don't have beads, you could also draw or paint the spots on as well.....I just thought the beads would be fun and give the bugs a 3D look.  I love how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment