Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

I have not made May Day Baskets in a long time, but thought this was the year to do it.....seems like May always sneaks up on me.  We went for a very simple approach.....mason jars, ribbon and wild flowers!  Since it was such a beautiful morning, we went on a walk to search for some wild flowers.....all our neighbors had such pretty flowers, but since they were going to be the recipients of the baskets I decided not to cut them!!! 


Aren't these flowers pretty....thankfully I cut enough for my house as well.

One of our neighbors caught us hanging them up, one neighbor knew exactly who did it and came to thank us, and the other 2 weren't home.....so they will have a nice surprise on their door when they get home.

I just tied some ribbon to a mason jar and then tied it to their door knob. You could also make a cone-shape out of paper and put some wild flowers in it or homemade paper flowers in them as well.

1 comment: