Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rainbow

To go along with St. Patrick's Day, I always like to incorporate rainbows since we talk about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  So, today we made a group rainbow (I want to use it next week during our St. Patrick's Day Party).  Instead of just painting the rainbow, we used cars to drive through the paint on a large piece of paper.

We had 6 friends today, so we just used 6 colors (didn't do indigo).  I let them each choose which color they wanted to drive through.

I used a large piece of paper and drew the lines of the rainbow with the correct color.....that way they could follow the arch of the rainbow a little better.  

And off they went.....they had so much fun driving their cars through the paint. 
Note: make sure you don't use cars that can go on their own once pulled back.....didn't realize we had one that we were using and it splattered paint.....thankfully it just splattered on the paper.






I think it looks AWESOME!!!  They were so proud of their color that they each did!  Of course they were asking if they could take their part of the rainbow home!  We will be using it next week for pinning the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow game.


 
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. You constantly amaze me. Not only your creativity but your patience and genuine joy while working with the kids. Can I be you when I grow up?!?!

    ReplyDelete