Thursday, January 3, 2013

Snow!

Well we made it back from Disney World and oh my word, we had FUN (the kids are already asking when we are going again)!!!!  If you ever get the chance to take your kids......do it!  It was a trip we will never forget and if we do, well we can look at the thousands of pictures I took.....no joke!  Every now and then I will do some posts about our trip.....just too much to put in one post.
 
Today was the first day back to school for my kids.  I have had all my daycare kids back since Christmas, but this has been the first day back without the school kids.  Since it snowed, I thought we would take advantage and do some activities with the snow......we first made some snow ice cream. 

Here's what you need: 
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups clean snow
Mix it up and serve immediately......it melts pretty fast, so have your ingredients ready to go.


I gave them the option of sprinkles too!






Cooper was not a fan of it!


After our snow ice cream, we bundled up and headed outside!  I wish I would have had enough squirt bottles for everyone, but we used what I had on hand.  I filled them with water and added some food coloring and let them squirt the snow.  Since I didn't have enough, I gave the other children markers and they colored the snow with them.  They all did great taking turns and of course we had to fill the bottles several times!  Not everyone had boots, so we stood by the curb so their feet would stay dry!





 
Next time, I will not give them yellow!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment