Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Parent Night Out!

As a gift to my daycare parents, I told them I would keep all their children one evening in January so they could have a night out without children. They could spend the evening however they wanted.....date night, shopping, stay at home and just relax.....whatever.   And I would keep all their children for free.....they could drop off at 5 and pick-up by midnight.

The children have been so excited, everyday they ask if they are staying at my house till midnight.

We started off by just playing.....15 kids ranging from 2-10!!!!  I honestly thought it would be really loud, but it wasn't too bad.....everyone played great and were really excited!








Then we ordered some pizza and of course had to have some pop!!!!


And of course we had to do some kind of craft.......these penguins were fun for all ages and super easy......the big kids were great in helping the little ones glue on if they needed help.

Take an empty water bottle and have the children fill with cotton balls first.






Then decorate to look like a penguin. I had everything precut so they just glued on. We used black electrical tape for the head.

Movie Time! I figured some kids would start getting tired so thought a movie was in order.....we watched Madagascar 3 and had some popcorn and brownies.

 Turned off the lights and had glow bracelets so they could still see......so fun!
 
About half of the kids fell asleep during the movie.  We had a great time and I think I will be making this an annual thing if parents don't mind.
 
I do have to thank my husband for helping out......he was great and the kids love when he's around!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment