Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kansas' Birthday!

Today is Kansas' Birthday!  So, we celebrated by making some Kansas Dirt Cake and a map of Kansas. 
 
To make the dirt cake, I had some very helpful assistants chop up the oreos.....I made chocolate pudding ahead of time so it was set up.  






Put the pudding (mud) in the bottom of some clear cups, then some worms (I had sour worms and regular gummy worms for the children to choose from) and then top with the crushed oreos (dirt).

 Super easy and the children love it!!!!







As part of our discussion on Kansas, we talked about the symbols that represent Kansas and looked at pictures of them and also looked at a map of Kansas and found where we live and what is all on a map.  I gave each child a yellow outline of Kansas and let them draw roads, highways, lakes, etc. on their map.  Then I helped them write the word Kansas and put a star where we live.





I realized I forgot to take a picture of all their maps.  Some of them had lots of water on their map of Kansas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment