Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Party!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I will warn you, this may be a long post!  We did so much and had so much yummy food, I just have to share it all with you today.

We started off with the food, cause nobody wanted to eat breakfast......they were all saving room for cupcakes!  And it's always nice to eat early enough that they will actually eat their lunch when it's lunch time.  First off, I made these yummy pretzel buttons (found on Pinterest) and I have to say they were the perfect salty sweet combination......I ate way too many!
Reese and Cooper helped me open all the hersheys kisses and stick them on the pretzels.  Pop them in a 200 degree oven for a few minutes (til the chocolate starts to soften) and then press a M&M on the top.  Super easy and really good too!!!


I made these heart shaped mini cakes with my silicone pan I used yesterday (I think next time I will buy 2......I really had to work at it to get all the crayon off the silicone).

I froze cherry kool-aid in heart-shaped ice cube trays ($1 at Dollar General).  We added those to our Sprite.
 Time to eat!!!
We also had some jigglers and goldfish with the rest of our sugar!!!





Maddox couldn't get enough chocolate!  He was not happy when I cut him off!

 
Time for Valentines!

Maddox handing out his.

Game time!
The first game we had 2 teams.....they had to race down, put on a pair of mittens, open a hersheys kiss and run back.  It was fun to watch them try to open the kisses.




We went to PF Changs on Saturday, so I snagged a couple of the chop sticks for kids to use today.  We used the chop sticks to transfer the candy hearts to another bowl......then we counted to see who had the most hearts in their bowl.  They did pretty good with this and wanted to do it over and over again.,





My 3 kiddos ready for Valentine's Day!!!
(So difficult to get a picture where they are all smiling and looking at the camera, but this morning we did it!!!)


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment