Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Boxes

We are having a Valentine Party on Tuesday and the kids are all bringing Valentines for their friends.....so of course we needed to make a Valentine box!  I try and do something very low key for the boxes.....I have done paper plates (use a full size one for the back and cut another in half and staple to the front for a little pocket.....very cute and easy, I've also done the shoe box thing (which takes forever to wrap and cut a slit in) and also the white bag.  Well, I buy a lot of snacks for the kids and it got me thinking to use cracker or cereal boxes.  So, I cut off the top and started wrapping them.  I decided to use foil.....easy to wrap and I had plenty on hand. 
 I cut the cereal boxes down a little, so they were about the same size as the cracker boxes.

All wrapped and ready to decorate.

We used stickers, sequins, foamies, and I punched out some little hearts with my heart punch.  For their name, I used heart doilies (40 for $1 at Dollar General) and wrote their name on them.  Then the decorating began!!





Maddox even made one.....he thought he was hot stuff!

Showing off their boxes.....they were so proud of them!







Cooper made his box today......he covered the sides, bottom, back and even stuck some foamies on the inside.....he loves to create!

I love Valentine's Day.....fun crafts with the kids, making valentines, decorating boxes, yummy candy, and best of all a date with the hubby!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment