Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cat in the Hat

Did you know that March 2 is Dr. Seuss' Birthday??  Well, it is and it is one of my favorite units to explore with kids.....I love Dr. Seuss books......the rhyming, the crazy words, the pictures.....I love it all! 

Today we made a "Cat in the Hat."  In the past I have done several different versions of this project, but this year we made a typical cat in the hat.  I cut out a white outline of the hat for each child.  Then they glued red strips of paper on their hat.  I like for each child to make the project their own.....so I don't instruct where the stripes go or the face.....I want it to be their project, not mine or not what people think it "should" look like.






And to finish them off, we added a face and some whiskers.






I think they turned out great!



Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment