Friday, February 3, 2012

Kansas Dirt Cake

To finish off our week on Kansas, we celebrated by making some good ole Kansas Dirt Cake!
This is really easy and the kids LOVE it!!!
First, make some chocolate pudding.

Then, crush up some oreo cookies.  I usually just put in a baggy and let the kids pound away, but this time I used my manual food processor from Pampered Chef.....I love this thing and thought it would be fun for the kids to use as well.







Next, start layering into cups......put the chocolate pudding in first.....this is the mud.

Then add some gummy worms.....some of the kids like plain and some like the sour ones, so I let them choose.

And top with the cookie crumbs (dirt).....I had one child that didn't want the "dirt" on top.

Oh, and before we ate our yummy "cake" we had to sing Happy Birthday to Kansas!!!




Eating the worm!!!

Look at those teeth!!!

D showing me her messy face!!!
Can you tell they all loved it??!!!

Happy Birthday Kansas!!!


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment