Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pasta Snowflakes

Here is my second attempt at this post.....apparently I wasn't logged in the first time and when I went to post it was completely lost!  UGH!!!

There was no school on Tuesday this week, so that meant a full house of 9 kids!  And it was also cold and windy, so that meant no outside time either!  So, I decided we needed a project to keep everyone from going crazy!  I bought some wagon wheel pasta to make some snowflakes with......you could use a variety of pasta if you wish.

Before we started, we looked at a variety of snowflakes and designs so they had an idea of what to do.  They then got to work creating their snowflaks.







Once they were done, I hot-glued their pasta together......was much sturdier then regular glue.
WARNING:  A hot glue gun is very HOT!!!

Then we spray painted them......much easier to get into all the little holes.  We let them dry and then we finished them up today.  I watered down some glue and they painted the glue on their snowflakes.  Then we used salt to sprinkle on the glue......I was out of glitter and no place in town had any, so salt was the next best thing and it worked pretty well too.  It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks a lot like glitter.








I love how differnt they all are.....I even had one that layered some on top as I was hot-glueing hers together.




Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment