Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ice Skating

Well, it finally feels like January.....I think I want the warmer weather back though!  Since it is colder and the kids will most likely be going stir-crazy inside, I thought I would share a fun gross-motor activity with you.  We did this yesterday and the kids had a blast.  Just take some wax paper (or you can use the bags inside the cereal boxes......that works too) and wrap around their feet and secure with a rubberband.  Then have them slide across the carpet like they are ice skating......I will warn you, it is pretty slippery.  We even did a little buddy skating and that worked good too.  Thankfully the carpet is soft for falls!  They had so much fun.

 Maddox wanted some "ice skates" too!






I wish I would have videoed this.....it was pretty funny watching them.  By the end they were just fallng down and giggling!!!


Tracy

1 comment:

  1. How cute...and super creative! Sometimes I wonder where the heck you get your energy from. Okay, everytime I read your blog I think that :).

    ReplyDelete