Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ice Ice Baby!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with the title!  Today we painted with colored ice......very simple to do.

Materials:
Ice cube trays
Water
Food coloring
Popsicle sticks
Paper

Fill your ice cube trays with water, drip food coloring in to color the water and mix together.  Then take popsicle sticks and break them in half.  If you freeze the colored water for abut 30 minutes and then stick the popsicle sticks in, they will stand up straight.  I was heading to bed, so I just put them in the water and stuck them in the freezer.

When you are ready to paint, take them out of the freezer and let them set for a minute or two.....pop them out and start painting.  We used painting paper......the thicker, glossy paper seems to work better especially if they like to paint in one spot. 






I had an extra ice cube tray, so I froze some apple juice for a little treat after they were done painting.....they thought that was pretty cool.  I think we will be making some more frozen treats this week.....they were asking what else we could freeze and eat!



 E was gone today, so Maddox was here this morning and got to have some frozen apple juice as well.....he really like it!



Yummy!!!

Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Your so creative :) love the frozen juice idea...my boys would love that in the summer!

    ReplyDelete