Friday, April 13, 2012

Watercolor Flowers Part 2

Here are two more examples of watercolor flowers.  I gave each child about 3 or 4 coffee filters.....we then turned them upside down and they started dripping the watercolors on it.....we didn't want to flatten them.







Once they were dry.....they took longer since there were quite a few together, I twisted the ends together on 2 or 3 of them and attached a pipe cleaner.  Typically I would use green pipe cleaners, but I was out and I had a bunch of white on hand so that is what we used.

Don't they look pretty all in a vase.....I think I might see if the kiddos will let me keep these on my table for awhile!

Then we took the remaining coffee filter and attached a cupcake liner to the middle.  To add a stem, we just poked a pipe cleaner through the coffee filter and the liner and then put a bead on the end to make the center of the flower.  I think these are all such fun and pretty flowers.....and very cheap......you can get a package of 200 at Vogt's right now for $1.00.  I think I need to go back for more.....they are also great to use for our afternoon snack instead of napkins....it makes a great little bowl for crackers, popcorn, cookies, grapes, etc.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment