Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

Another very busy morning.....not sure why I try and cram so much into one day.....it's exhausting, but so much fun for the kids.....so I guess that's why! Anyway, we made Easter baskets, dyed eggs, made resurrection rolls, had 2 Easter egg hunts and the day isn't even over yet! I have a fun snack we plan to make this afternoon.

Here are the kids enjoying their Easter egg hunts this morning.....one was a typical candy hunt and the other was a search for their lunch!  I had 2 kids that don't stay for lunch, so I wanted to make sure that everyone got to do an egg hunt this morning.  Maddox even made it back with Nikki in time to go out with us.....he really got into it!












Check out their cute baskets we made this morning!  They were super easy and we just used a paper plate.....painted it, cut the edges, folded up, and stapled.  Then we put some stickers on a strip of poster board and stapled it on for a handle.  If we would have had more time, we would have painted the outside as well.


For lunch, I filled some eggs with bite size lunch items.....carrots, apples, even little pb&j sandwiches.  Each child had their own color eggs to find so I could customize their sandwiches and make sure they all got everything.  Then I gave them each an egg carton and they set out to find their eggs.....I found this idea on Pinterest.




The older kids did a great job of helping the younger ones find their correct color egg.




After all the eggs were found, we had a little indoor picnic.





We even had some jell-o eggs with our lunch!

I have lots more to post, so check back in tomorrow.


Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment