Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dr. Seuss

We read The Cat in the Hat this morning as part of our Dr. Seuss week.  To go along with our story we made blue "hair" like Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I gave each child a piece of blue paper.....I didn't have big blue paper, so I took 2 smaller pieces and taped them together.  Then each child was to cut strips down the paper to make it look like hair.....I drew a line close to the bottom so they wouldn't cut all the way through. 
 







When they were all finished, I gave them each a number to write on their circle......we went in birth order from yongest to oldest, so we had Thing 1 up to Thing 7!

It's hard to read their circles, but they are in numerical order.  They all loved their blue hair!  I think they turned out super cute, but next time I think I would double up on the paper to make them have more hair.

 
When celebrating Dr. Seuss' Birthday, you have to have green eggs and ham.....it's a must!  So here is our lunch we had today.


Green Eggs and Ham (green eggs and ham)
Yink's Pink Ink from One Fish Two Fish (pink milk)
Cat in the Hat (bananas and apples on a stick)
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (colorful goldfish crackers)
Bartholomew and the Oobleck (green pudding for dessert)
 



 
 We had such a fun morning with all the Dr. Seuss stuff and will be doing more on Thursday.....will be making some truffula trees like the ones on The Lorax! 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment