Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oobleck and Sprinkler Fun

We have made oobleck in the past many times......I wrote about it here.  The kids love this stuff.....well this time they put their suits on and we headed outside.  I think we ended up using about 5 or 6 boxes of cornstarch......I asked if they wanted to color it or leave it white and they decided on green! 







When doing this outside, it's inevitable that they are going to make a mess......on each other! So, we had a homemade sprinkler ready to go......making one is super easy, just take an empty 2 liter pop bottle, rinse it out, poke holes in the sides, and hook it up to a hose.....I had an adaptor from our pvc sprinkler to use to connect the hose with the pop bottle.  I threw the hose and bottle over a tree branch and turned the water on......it worked great!  The way the holes were punched made kind of a shower effect which was perfect for cleaning off the oobleck, but may try punching the holes differently next time and see what happens.  I love this sprinkler, cause you don't have to worry about the kids tripping over the ones that set on the ground.








No comments:

Post a Comment