Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waterbed

I have been wanting to make this waterbed all summer and finally got to it......we have been so busy lately that I feel like summer is slipping away and I have so much stuff I want to do yet.

All you need is some plastic sheeting (comes in a roll, it's used for weatherproofing windows or when remodeling)......any size.....ours was 10X25 and folded it in half.  Then duct tape around the 3 sides (leave an opening for the water hose)......you may want to reinforce it with more tape as well......just to prevent leaks.

Once you have it all taped up, lay it on a flat surface and start filling it with water.  You can fill it as much or as little as you want.  I also was going to add food coloring, glitter or even some soft objects that the kids could look for.  But I figured since this was the first time, they would just want to play on it and wouldn't care too much about what was inside it.  Then tape the opening and let your kids go crazy.....cause they definitely will.











And then we turned the sprayer on!









 This was a summersault if you couldn't tell!

A did a LOT of diving! 










Man, was this fun.....if it wouldn't have been wet, I would have totally rolled all over this thing.....maybe next time!  Hopefully it lasts for awhile cause I have some big plans for it for the rest of the summer, so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment