Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Inchworms

This week, we are talking about bugs and creatures outside......was hoping to go on a bug hunt yesterday, but it was not good bug hunting weather so hopefully tomorrow will be better.  These could be inchworms or even caterpillars.  Since we did caterpillars last week, we decided they would be inchworms!  You need toilet paper or paper towel rolls for the worm.  You want to cut in half lengthwise and then cut into strips (all the same width) for the body.  For the head, I just cut about an inch or more of the toilet paper tube (this was from one that wasn't cut in half yet).
 

Then staple together to look like the worm below. 

You could just use markers to decorate, but my kiddos love to paint so we painted.  I let them decide how and what colors they wanted and they got to work.






Then we just added wiggly eyes and a nose and mouth (D painted her eyes on.....she wanted them to be pink).  I think they turned out pretty darn cute!  I love being able to use recycled products for crafts. 

I love how each one is unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment