Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fingerprint Flower

Here is another 2 day project we started last week.  I had several ideas of doing individual fingerprint flowers, but then thought it would be fun to have a group flower that we could display all the time.  And I happened to have a canvas I bought awhile back for another project, so we used it for our flower.  I first drew a rough outline of a flower so the children would have a guide to where their fingerprints should be.  Then I let them pick what color of paint they wanted for their fingerprint.....everyone needed a different color. 

Green 

Orange 

Red 

Pink

Turquoise

Silver 

Yellow.....Cooper snapped this picture of me helping L do her fingerprint. 


Purple......Ru wasn't here the day we started, so she added her fingerprints today. 

Then I outlined it in black and they helped fill it in.  It will need another coat of black, but I think it turned out cute and the kids love it!  I also want to add on the backside, their fingerprint and have them write their name by their fingerprint......fun keepsake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment