Thursday, November 14, 2013

I is for Igloo

Last week we took a little break from our crafts and I took the week to do some reviewing and some evaluated of where each child was developmentally.......this helps me to know what we need to work on individually.  Anyway, this week we are talking about the letter I and to go along with it we made igloos.  Before starting our project, we looked at several different kinds of igloos online and talked about how they were made.
 
 I gave each child their own box of sugar cubes and glue.......this could also be done with marshmallows and frosting as well.  Sugar cubes were actually tough to find in town.....only one store had them. 

We used a paper plate for our igloo to stay on......worked best for me to put the first layer of glue down to give them a start of an igloo shape.




 They all decided how tall they wanted to make their igloo.

We let them dry to finish another day.

To make the roof, we glued poster board to the top and then glued on more sugar cubes.






They were so proud of their igloos......surprisingly even the littlest ones were able to do this project, I just put the glue on and they stacked the sugar cubes.......great fine motor practice.









I think they did an excellent job and they turned out super cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment