Thursday, June 6, 2013

Botanica Gardens

I have been on a lot of field trips in my day, but I've never been to Botanica Gardens in Wichita......simply beautiful!!!  I wasn't sure if it was going to be too boring for the children or if there was enough to keep their attention since I've never been.  But, let me just say we could have totally stayed longer!  It was very relaxing for myself and the children seemed to have a blast!
 
Here are some of the pictures we took of our trip......lots of the children enjoying the gardens and then some of the flowers.....I would have loved to have taken more pictures of the flowers, but I had to be pushed along to other things!
 
Botanica is broken up into different gardens......this was is the Shakespearean Garden.  This had a stone pathway with different statues and this fountain in the middle.

 
This was the Brosius Rose Garden......a circle of roses.  Here are just a few of the children's favorites.








The Butterfly House was a favorite......I think they could have spent all day in there.











And then on to the Downing Children's Garden......so....much....fun!!!  Everything was colorful and just perfect for the children.







A fun little playhouse to pretend in.  There is also a barn where they had a craft going on......some of the children made paper pinwheels. 



I want this windmill!!!  I don't know what it is, but I have always wanted a windmill. 

Perfect stools for these 3 boys! 




There were paint brushes to dip in the water and "paint."  





AWESOME tree house! 



 You could climb up or down this.....was connected to the bridge and tree house.










Music Garden 









Sally Stone Sensory Garden 



This was like a giant kaleidoscope and you could spin the bowl of flowers while looking through it......pretty cool. 

Feeding the fish. 



Woodland Bird Garden.....lots of squirrels along with different birds. 



Beverly Blue Teaching Garden 




 
Such a fun place to explore and just walk around and look at all the beauty of the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment